The Hanford Music Association (HMA) is the Hanford High School music boosters organization. As a music parent, you are automatically a music booster. The HMA has three goals:
- to arouse and maintain an enthusiastic interest in all parts of the music programs at HHS;
- to lend all possible moral and financial support to the music programs at HHS, to provide social and other programs and awards for band personnel; and,
- to cooperate with those in charge of the music department, administration, and school board and participate in the decision-making process establishing school policy.
Hanford Music Association is a 501(c)3 and can be designated as your United Way recipient if you want to make a donation to the organization. Our address is “Hanford Music Association” c/o Hanford High School, 450 Hanford St., Richland, WA 99354
The Hanford Music Association offers scholarships for music expenses beyond the school fees (e.g. trip to state).
- The maximum scholarship to be awarded for the year per student is $100.00.
- No payments are made to individuals; scholarships are paid to the organization and only after the student has paid his/her portion of the fees.
- Scholarships may be student or teacher initiated.
- Scholarships awarded only to students whose HHS music accounts (RSD) are current.
- Parents and students both required to sign scholarship guidelines & application.
Occasionally you may need an accompanist for a competition or event. The following have indicated an interest and willingness to work with our musicians. Please arrange accompaniment, practice time and payment individually. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on this list.
- Cathy Exharos email@example.com, professional accompanist. Note, Cathy Exharos has also offered to work with student accompanists and instrumentalists to pass along the “tricks of the trade.”
- Ben Fowler, 440-1711, firstname.lastname@example.org, professional accompanist. Note Ben Fowler is also happy to work with any student accompanists and their collaborative partners in preparation for solo and ensemble etc. www.fowlerpianostudio.com
- Holly Harty, 943-5436, professional accompanist
- Adam Muhlestein email@example.com
- 2152 Interscholastic Activities Participation
- 3244 Student Off-Campus School Sponsored Events
- 4323 Community Relations-Public Performances
- 8123 Noninstructional Operations: Student Conduct on Buses